Sublimation Rock Photo Slates
Heat press settings:
- temperature - 400 degrees F
- dwell time - 5:00 to 5:30
- pressure - light to medium
- The recommended settings above may need adjustments for best results.
Settings will vary depending on the heat press brand and model ink and paper
and atmospheric conditions.
- Clamshell type presses may not be ideal for sublimating items more than 1/4
inch thick. Presses that can deliver pressure from directly above the
substrate are recommended.
- To add color to the rough edges of the stone increase the bleed edge by 3/4
of an inch and wrap the transfer around the substrate on all 4 sides. Secure
with heat tape.
- Make sure that the sublistones are at room temperature before sublimating.
The temperature of the stone prior to sublimating will greatly influence the
dwell time necessary for best results.